Rio Tinto Production Falls in First Half

By Rapaport News / July 16, 2019 / www.diamonds.net / Article Link

RAPAPORT... Diamond production at Rio Tinto dropped 10% year on year inthe first half of 2019, as the miner recovered lower-grade ore at its Argylemine in Australia. The company's share of production at the Argyle and Diavik mines came to 8.3million carats for the six months ending June 30, the company said Tuesday.Argyle yielded 6.1 million carats, a 13% decrease compared to the same periodlast year. Rio Tinto's share of output at Diavik fell 1% to 2.2million carats, as lower grades in the first quarter outweighed an improvement in the secondquarter, the miner said. RioTinto owns a 60% stake in the Canadian facility, with Dominion Diamond Minesholding the remainder. The company's production for all mines slipped 3% to 4.5 million In the second quarter. Production at Diavik rose 3% to 1.2million carats, while recovery at Argyle dropped 5% during the period. Rio Tinto expects to produce 15 million to 17 million caratsin 2019, compared to 18.4 million carats last year. Image: Argyle mine. (Rio Tinto)

Recent News

Several new entrants to TSXV large gold, including producer Asante

November 24, 2025 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Gold stocks down on metal decline, equity market slide

November 24, 2025 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Largest gold producers see strong Q3/25 earnings

November 17, 2025 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Gold stocks jump on gain in metal price

November 17, 2025 / www.canadianminingreport.com

AOCE and WB boost gold targets for 2025 significantly

November 10, 2025 / www.canadianminingreport.com
See all >
Share to Youtube Share to Facebook Facebook Share to Linkedin Share to Twitter Twitter Share to Tiktok